Friday, January 1, 2010

Orion

Today, nothing overly out-shined anything that's happened in the last week or so. But I caught myself sulking and remembered that forcing myself to find a sunshine on days similar to this was always a little piece of therapy.

So here I am.

And in my search, I realized my sunshine is the stars. Both kinds.

Ironically enough, LA's livelihood is built on the warm-blooded type but rarely does it get to see the celestial kind. And tonight I enjoyed a little of both.

Exhibit A: Meryl Streep. I want to be her and every character she's played. I didn't see her in the flesh, but somehow her movies always make it seem as if I am.

Exhibit B: Even with a full moon, the stars seemed to whisper at me as I unlocked the door to my apartment. So I stopped and stared for a bit. Sadly, I've been doing this less and less...and even though they are few and far between in this city, they still amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment