When I started this post on 11/1/13, I had intentions of making a list of 34 reasons. Cause, ya know, that's clever. I was turning 34. But after 6 months, I would like to retitle this post:
14 Reasons The Last 365 Days Were Pretty Great
- I actually started making a quilt. Something I've been meaning to do for way too long.
- Discovered what this whole CrossFit craze is.
- My brother and I got another pup.
- At Christmas, we thought it was a good idea to adopt a new dog, foster a puppy and foster a kitten for a few days.
- Ms. Rita Grindle and I spent 8 hours in a bar in NYC. On purpose.
- I spent another week in Monteagle, TN transcribing love letters from the turn of the century.
- I took time to rest. Finally.
- For the first time in 27 years, all my dad's children were in one room.
- Turns out the pups don't like each other. But I got to meet Cesar Milan.
- I met a boy. A really cute boy.
- I did a real pull up. This is a big deal, people.
- I flew in a super small plane.
- I expanded my business.
- I officiated a wedding.
Happy Birthday to me.