Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Pay Off

Today, the rain figuratively and literally put a damper on my sunshine.  From the moment I stepped out of my house this morning, everything seemed to go wrong.  Insane traffic, dealing with the government, soaked shoes, destroyed creative projects, insane traffic, more rain and more rain and more rain.

Putting my key in the front door tonight was such a sigh of relief, I thought I might open the door and immediately lay down on the floor.

But before I did that, I grabbed my mail (all of which appeared to be junk) and tossed it in the recycle box.  An envelope fell out of the pile and onto the floor and I almost threw it away again before noticing it was from a claims agency.  I decided to open it, convinced I'd probably been duped again into opening some crap junk mail.

I was completely wrong.  It was a claim for $500 from a car accident I was in this summer.  My car is actually fine.  And now I have $500 to spend on something fabulous.

Dinner anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment