Saturday, January 21, 2012

Acorn Wars

I woke up this morning at 4am from a dream where I was trying to convince a friend my neighborhood was safe and quiet. In the dream, we were sitting in my room and just as I said, "See...quiet. Right?" - there was suddenly this very loud, consistent noise coming from outside.

As I lay in bed transferring from a dream world to real life, I realized the sound was real.  And it sounded like 100 squirrels were throwing acorns at my building. And laughing, I'm sure.


I tossed and turned for the rest of the morning saying out loud, "Please stop." The noise is from a drain outside my window and when it rains, somehow the water isn't running through it correctly and instead of waking to the wonderful trickle of rain, I huff and puff praying for it to stop.

This morning though, as I tried to come up with a description of the noise so I could call my landlord, I envisioned a group of squirrels standing in a half circle in the bushes chucking acorns at my building.  For hours.  And that at least made me slightly less angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment