Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fruits Of My Labor

I have a new avacado tree. Well, the tree is actually quite old. But the concept of having fresh avocados at my fingertips is quite new. And, until two days ago, I hadn't actually seen one growing on the tree.

I'd seen our local squirrel taunt me while he took one bite out of an avacado and then drop it to the ground. I've also found a few (bite free) on the ground. But as soon as one of my favorite people in the world came to visit...she seemed to be able to spot the perfectly ripe, ready-to-be-picked green beauty. 

We have a fruit picker. 

It extends. Prett-ty far in fact. 
But after one picking attempt, I realized this wasn't going to be easy. 

So I rigged a chair on top of a saw horse on top of a trash can. A ladder, if you will. Tippy toes, holding my breath and 30 minutes later...SUCCESS! 


Worth. Every. Minute. Delish.




No comments:

Post a Comment