Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby Steps

I did my fair share of whirlwind backpacking trips in Europe and Australia in my early twenties. (Man, I think that's the first time I've used that phrase - "in my early twenties" - makes me feel...so...adult?)

This also means I spent a ton of time wandering around airports.  When we were traveling on a budget and carrying only what we needed, I used to love passing by the Duty Free shops to snag a spray of perfume.  That little squirt always made me feel like I was traveling for business or perhaps with my husband on a grand vacation.

On this trip, as I passed the Duty Free Shop and realized I hadn't put perfume on that morning...I thought, "Perfect, I'll just grab a quick spray here."  Memories of Europe and eating bread and cheese for every meal and wearing the same pants three days in a row immediately ran through my head.

And as much as I loved those trips and the adventure and being dirty, dirty, dirty...I was surprised how happy I was that I travel just slightly above those means now.

No comments:

Post a Comment