Saturday, July 9, 2011

There's always a moment

We had a massive event this weekend and at some point I was handing out 3D glasses to the masses.  It's amazing what people will do for free things and how manners and dignity seem to disappear.

I was being mobbed by people and noticed a little girl (no more than two years old) in the middle of the madness sort of confused as to what was happening.  I ignored parents with outreached arms repeating they needed 10 and 12 pairs of glasses and leaned down to hand the little girl a pair.  She had no idea what they were, but accepted my gift.

I continued to pass glasses out by the handful and was astounded by how rude people were.

A few minutes later, I realized there was something pulling on my pant leg.  I turned around and the little girl was standing at my feet, no taller than my knee.  She looked right at me and just said, "Thank you."

I'm not sure I would have made it through my day without that little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment