Friday, September 17, 2010

It's the journey, not the destination.

And usually the batter is almost better than the dessert.

I made cookies from scratch tonight.  Which, in itself, is so fun.  Had a craving, was annoyed at the thought of going out to get something and then assessed the ingredients in my house...Viola!  Oatmeal cookies.

The idea that you have enough just "laying" around to make something delicious is so exciting.  I realize that's pretty normal.  MOST households have this.  But sometimes I still feel like a college student and was legitimately surprised tonight when I realized I could pull it all together.  (Had to run over to my neighbor to ask for vanilla, but again, fun.)

The cookies ARE delicious.  But the batter, the realizations, the neighbor visit...even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment