Monday, August 29, 2011

Girl, you better try to have fun no matter what you do.

Amazing advice, right?

Driving home tonight after drinks with a friend and feeling inspired, I shuffled back and forth between Love Line and any song that I recognized on the radio.  As I was blocks from my house, I heard the first two notes of a song and immediately could see myself in 5th grade, heartbroken, phone in hand about to call the local radio station and make an honest request.

"XL 106.7 DJ, I dedicate this to Tony Citeralla, I miss him."

I can't remember what happened.  Did I awkwardly, pre-maturely break up with him and then dramatize it?  Did he break my heart? (as 5th grade broken hearts go...)  I can't remember.

But I CAN remember every single word, every single beat to Nothing Compares 2 U, by Sinead Oconnor.  And I forgot how good it feels to belt out every word.

I remember being in 5th grade.  I knew exactly what she was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment