Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gratitude.

I've been so engulfed in trying to raise money for our little project this fall, that I hadn't fully realized the feat we were attempting.  Once we launched our fundraising campaign, my only thought was, "This has to happen.  It will happen.  There's no turning back."  I put my head down, got sucked into social networking and was attached to the internet: Every. Waking. Moment.

After finally getting a good night's sleep and waking up to the 6-digit figure in our PayPal account - it hit me.  That's a ton of money.  And it all came in 5 and 10 dollar increments from our friends, our family, fans and supporters.  It came from people who didn't have $5 to spare, but they believed in us and pledged anyway.

It still doesn't feel real.  But I'm counting each and every dollar as a little piece of sunshine.  Mostly because each one of those dollars has a person attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment