Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I misuse words too, but...

At a recent Guerrilla Gardening event I had a woman tell me a very long, drawn out story about the meridian in front of her house and how much it needed weeding. I tried to hide my smile at first and ignore her misuse of vocabulary...but since it was the subject of her story, she must have said it 20 times. "And the meridian is just so ugly." [smirk] "It's the meridian right in front of my house." [please don't laugh, please don't laugh] "Isn't the city supposed to take care of the meridians?" [look away, Rebecca, look away]

And today, I received an email with the subject line: Meridian in front of my house. I finally got to laugh out loud.

We're going to try to help her.
With some gardening and at some point I'll slip in the correct word.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca,

    you're blog is hilarious! i've only read the february posts, but you gotta feed this junk into facebook...i'd like to keep up with your adventures.

    there's an app on facebook called networked blogs...feeds whatever you post here (and decide to share) right into facebook.

    ReplyDelete