Sunday, July 11, 2010

I need more Sundays in the park.

Spent the day waiting for vendors to load out and passed the time with a friend playing Farkle (a dice game) and napping on the playground.

I had a little notebook to keep score and at some point the pages blew open to the back of the book. My best friend had left me secret notes throughout the book from last time I saw her. So fun.

The page had opened to her handwriting that said, "Rebecca is beautiful."

The wind was pretty consistent and every time it caught the pages of the book, it opened to that note. At some point, after noticing it a few times, my friend said, "Wouldn't it be great if our brains worked like that? Just flipped through pages to the good stuff to remind you everything will be okay."

Yes. That would be great.

1 comment: