Saturday, July 10, 2010

Prizes

I ran around crazy this weekend trying to manage an event and am pretty sure I was more exhausted and overwhelmed than I've ever been at an event. However, right before the gates opened as I was passing by vendor booths for one last check, I stopped at a vintage fire steamer with a sweet dalmatian sitting in the driver's seat.

I asked if I could pet her and the firefighter said, "Sure, her name is Blaze. Here, give her this treat and ask her for a high five."

After Blaze and I made friends, the firefighter made me turn my back to the dog and put out his fist in front of me. "You get three guesses to tell me what color our dog is. And if you get it right, you get this prize in my hand."

Tents and chairs and walkie talkies all disappeared from my head. I felt like I was 10 years old and about to win a prize. I also thought it was a trick question. It took me longer than it should have to answer, but I got it right. And I got a sweet pin for my shirt.


A much needed breather before the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment