Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dogs and Sunglasses

It's funny the things you notice when you travel.  For whatever reason, it's very clear to me that people in Hong Kong don't wear sunglasses and don't seem to have dogs for pets. (Or if they do, they're just not walking them.)

Those observations are a little random I suppose.  But something ANYONE might notice is how loud it is here.  In crowded places, sometimes it feels like everyone's yelling at each other.  It can be a little stressful, but I'm getting used to it.  I can't really say that I come from a
quiet culture, so I'd feel bad complaining.

At lunch today, I sat next to an American family in a restaurant that was particularly screamy.  The 13-year-old girl of the family sort of huffed and puffed, as 13-year-olds do, and said, "Geez, it seems like they're all yelling at each other.  It's so loud.  It's kind of like the Green Day concert.  Ugh."

It made me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment