Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chaos.

Someone sent me a blog entry today and there was a line that read: "Behind the chaos there is peace."

The overall entry was good and hit home in a lot of ways, but I went to a meeting tonight and I saw that sentence in action.

Our meeting was meant to start at 6:30pm and be the final meeting before our big fundraiser next week. The elements in the room: A puppy, a beautiful 2 1/2 year old boy, a couple bottles of wine, adults gathered after a day of work, an absolutely gorgeous 8mo year-old girl, a bunny and 18 different ideas.

Chaos.

As 8:30 rolled around, I realized we hadn't achieved much, but it didn't matter. Sitting back for a moment watching the slight insanity, I noticed the peace behind it all. True friends. True family. A brilliant cause. And that damn cute puppy that I just wanted to eat....all of it, peace.

1 comment: