Thursday, September 24, 2009

Helping create sunshine.

Today I had the opportunity to make someone's day and, I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty rewarding.

Bon Iver will be playing a sunrise show at Hollywood Forever cemetery and tickets are being sold for 10x their face value! Ridiculous.

I had an extra ticket so I posted an ad online and said I wanted it to go to a true fan for face value. I've scoured Craigslist at the last minute before in hopes to find a kind soul who wasn't looking to make a profit and I know how frustrating it can be.

You wouldn't believe how quickly my inbox starting filling up with people begging me for the ticket.

When I met the lucky winner for the transfer, she was gushing. She must have thanked me 50 times. I loved having that little power to make someone so happy.

(UPDATE: She sent me a thank you email after the show and wanted me to know that I had made her month. So cool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment