Thursday, April 8, 2010

One Day Without Shoes

Today we walked barefoot down Abbot Kinney in Venice to show our support for TOMS. Even Google and Microsoft went a day without shoes. For every pair of shoes you buy, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child who needs them. It's called One for One and you should check it out -- sweet kicks too.



Walking around barefoot reminded me of home and the day they decided to pave our street. I remember it being a big deal in the neighborhood but I had no idea what it would do to my feet. My friends and I used to run around barefoot all the time and my toes were used to the rocks and the rough. But once they paved our street my feet became, well, wussies.

And today they were nervous at first, sort of stepping lightly and watching for obstacles. But I think they remembered where they came from and when the music started, they were happy to dance around all free and non-covered like.

No comments:

Post a Comment