Friday, April 16, 2010

Honesty.

I feel like I catch myself saying things like:
"I'm so old."
or
"Ugh, well I'm 30 now..."

Etcetera.

It's almost always in jest and more just an excuse. But in general, people's responses are:
"You're so young!"
"What are you talking about?! You're a child!"
"You've got plenty of time." (for....?....just curious...)

But tonight, in discussions with an acquaintance (the kind you hardly see, but for some reason have a connection with) I mentioned something about the events world being for "young people, but, ahem, I know, I know, I'm young..."

And she simply said, "Wait, how old are you?"
"Thirty."
"You're not young...I mean, thirty...it's not 21."

And all I could think was, "Thank you." Good-ness. That's how I feel. And not in a woe-is-me kind of way, but thirty isn't exactly young. And thank you for not sugar-coating it.

Bluntness is a good quality, no matter what people say.

No comments:

Post a Comment