Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cop out

Online journaling is iffy. As is anything online, really.

Do I share, with the internet, THE ONE MOMENT that truly out-shined every other second of my day?

This isn't to say that I haven't been honest in every detail of every sunshine I've posted. They have all been moments that genuinely brightened my day. But sometimes the truly perfect
moment is so special that I prefer to bask in it alone.

Maybe because it would reveal a secret I'd rather tell you if you asked and not have you read it in a fleeting moment at your desk.

Maybe because I'll offend the person I left at home because I had a headache, when really, I wanted a whiskey and a friend and a chat.

Or maybe, because I wanted to write it in MY journal, under MY bed, with MY thoughts.

And that, honestly, is my sunshine:
That if I pay attention, there are multiple teeny bright moments throughout my day. But some of them, get to be just MINE.

2 comments:

  1. I have an issue with the labeling on this post.

    but it is yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS has always been my problem with on-line journaling. I love reading the stuff other people write, but I hold my best (and worst) moments close to my own heart and what else is there to write?

    ....big sis

    ReplyDelete