Thursday, February 26, 2009

To Whom It May Concern

So it's official. There was a technical error and my video application for The Best Job in the World never made it across the Internet waves. I received an email explaining they were "sorry", "it's too late", "nothing we can do" etc. So why would a rejection letter end up in my sunshine journal?

Because it prompted a letter writing session with a close friend and my brother to make one last ditch effort to get this job. And writing sessions are fun.
-----------
Hi Ben,

Thank you so much for your response.

I read (and re-read) your comment about there being NO DISCUSSION at this point.

So, let's not discuss.

Just watch this...it's only a minute. (You could use the break anyway.)
http://www.vimeo.com/3302161

Here's the deal:
Video uploaded.
Confirmation received.
Waiting ensued.

And now, we're here, Ben.
Me...with a broken heart and YOU, missing an amazing submission.

I'm TOTALLY wild card material. And if the rules are too hard to break...then maybe you should send me other jobs Tourism Queensland is hiring for.

Internet sucks...but maybe I don't...

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. No. Effing. Way. So sorry, Beccs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Mayport, Florida? 6 days and you'll want to quit I assure you.

    ReplyDelete