Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pop culture invaded my yoga class

My yoga teacher was trying to explain that you need to be honest to yourself and listen to your body. If you're really struggling through a position, then rest. If you feel like you can reach further, than do. Avoid your ego; avoid that negative voice that tends to be more persistent than mosquitoes in the summer.

His advice on how to find your body's answer...just Google it. With your Inner Google.

This made me giggle at first...but there's truth to it. He mentioned that just like the real Google, sometimes bogus answers come up and you have to weed through the crap. But if you submit an honest question, your heart and soul and body will give you an honest answer.

Yea, so what. I'm a wanna-be Santa Monica-living hippie. I dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment