Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eeeeeeee!

At my apartment, our Love Actually DVD gets some serious play time.  Not just at the holidays, but all year long.  How good is this movie?!

While in HK, we all have local Nokia phones and everyone seems to have left their ringtones on default.  One vendor in particular has the infamous ringtone from the character played by Laura Linney.  In the movie, she is taking care of her brother and her phone is his direct lifeline to her. (If you need a reminder, take a listen.)

Here, every time his phone rings, I lose my concentration for a second and think of Love Actually.  It's a nice little break.  For a moment, I sit and remember one of my favorite moments from the film:  The lovely Laura Linney is awkwardly saying goodnight to her crush and they ultimately decide he should come in.  She tells him she needs just a moment and steps into her stairwell to have a quick holy-crap-is-this-really-happening-I'm-so-excited moment.  It makes my heart flutter.  Every. Single. Time.

1 comment: