Monday, August 16, 2010

Strangers.

I took the train to work today after a super early flight from Vegas and ended up having to wait forever for a northbound train.  Apparently there isn't a huge demand for getting to Newhall at 8am.  I was exhausted and didn't want anyone to bother me.  I propped myself up on the bench and passed out.

I woke up about 10 minutes before the arrival time and the guy next to me said, "Waiting for a train is boring, huh?"  I just smiled and nodded my head.  I felt bad for being relatively anti-social, but I was exhausted.

As the train pulled up, I asked him if he was able to buy a ticket, because when I tried the machine was broken.  He said he already had a ticket and that it allowed him to have one guest.

"If those mean train conductors stop you, you just tell them you're with me."

So nice.  So nice.  And all for a girl who could barely even acknowledge he was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment