Sunday, June 7, 2009

Writing on the Wall

The shower at my parents house has sliding glass doors and within moments of starting the shower, the doors steam up and make for a perfect canvas.

I used to stand in the shower practicing my signature and pretend I was signing checks or important papers. At some point, the canvas transitioned into a place to keep my secrets. Mostly about boys. I'd write the name of my latest crush and then it was so easy to erase and no one would ever know.

I still, every time I'm home, write a boy's name while I'm waiting for my conditioner to work. I also can't help adding curly Q's and fancy underlines and smiley faces. Because that's what girls do when they write boys names. Duh.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you concerned about the next showerer getting in on your secret messages? i mean, i always used the steamy shower door as a bulletin board, so future bathroom occupants could ponder my crude Calvin'n'Hobbes-esque cartoons.

    ReplyDelete