Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Language.

There are smells in your life that instantly bring up a memory...in a picture perfect way. There are also sounds that do that same.

But, for me, there are words that after a certain stint, will always mean whatever they insinuated in that meaningful moment.

I'm not sure how true this is for everyone...but I have three that I can think of right now, that make me giggle or smirk no matter what context they're mentioned in.

Area: I had a friend refer to a woman's private parts as her "area" and to this day, I can't hear that word and not think of him and women and private parts.

Too Much: I also have a friend who created a video for me where he was suddenly Mexican and suddenly an expert at making margaritas. He might have slipped at some point and put too much tequila in the cup. And so delicately and comedically said, "Oh, it's too much." And I'll never be able to hear those words different than the words that came out of his mouth.

Nine Times: Oh, Ferris. Of the Bueller variety. I can't hear those two words and not think of your movie. Of Dirty Harry tattle-tailing to your mom about your absenteeism..."Niiiine Times."

1 comment:

  1. "That's because he wasn't sick. He was skipping school!"

    ReplyDelete