Monday, May 4, 2009

25 cents...

Or 50 or a maybe a dollar.

When I was a kid, I always wanted to get whatever prize came from the change machines. Stickers, candy, bouncy balls, My Little Pony toys...it didn't matter.

I think compared to most families, THIS kid got to put quarters into those machines pretty frequently. However, ANYTIME I see those, I feel compelled to put money in and get a prize. I know I wasn't fully deprived. But enough to make me always want to play.

Tonight, I saw the balls and I wanted to buy one to mark a momentous moment. So I put in the two quarters, awaited the bouncy ball...and ultimately was a teeny bit disappointed. What appeared to be a Texas Longhorns bouncy ball was actually just a plastic NON-BOUNCY round thing. HOWEVER, it made for a good surface to make notes with a Sharpie marker.

So I did. And it now will have a permanent home in my car. To remind me of some momentous thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment