Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Next, please.

It felt like the week before Christmas at the post office today. The line was literally out the door. I think partly because the little automated guy was broken...but also because they have two people working the counter. One of whom always leaves because it's their "break" even though there's still 20 people in line.

I actually would like to work at the post office for a week just to be the relatively nice person behind the counter and actually give people customer service. But that's another entry entirely.

After waiting in line for the ONE stamp I needed, I passed an older gentleman (70 or so) addressing a pink envelope. The card was still out and it had fancy pink script that said Daughter. I'm assuming it was a Mother's Day card for his daughter. And I have no idea why, but it just made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment