Monday, May 11, 2009

They don't even drink it in Mexico...

Found myself in the lobby of a hotel tonight with a bag of lemons and no idea where my meeting was. As I'm leaving the front desk, the bellman follows behind me...lemon extended,"Mam, I think you dropped this."

I was rushing out, already late for my meeting, and told him he should keep it. He was very polite and wouldn't accept the fruit. As I held out the bag for him to put it back, another lemon rolled past my foot and we both giggled as he reached down to put the escapee back in my bag. As I turned to leave...plop...another lemon.

This time, he picked it up, tossed it in the air as if he was juggling and said, "That's it. It's fate. I'm supposed to take this home and open a Corona tonight."

I prefer limes in my Corona. Actually, I prefer any beer BUT Corona. Regardless, glad I could assist in what I'm sure was a well-deserved nightcap.

1 comment: