Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I'm from Florida.
Not sure if you knew.

But, in Florida, washing your car is sort of a bonus activity as opposed to a necessity. It rains all the time. And it rains hard. So hard...it could even wash away guilt...but mostly it leaves your car spotless.

In California, people PAY to have someone ELSE wash their car. And they're, like, consistent about it. It's a status symbol or something.

I wash my car in California when I'm feeling overly responsible or I can get it for free. Today, while I was getting gas, I opted to wash my back window. There was some bird POOP on it, and I decided it could use a little cleaning.

When I got back on the freeway and checked my rear view mirror to merge...I couldn't believe the difference. I had no idea I was living in a fog. I could see details that I forgot existed. It felt a little like I had spring cleaned my world.

1 comment: