Friday, March 27, 2009

The 5th Floor

I have a meeting every Friday at 8:30a and I'm always running a few minutes late. For me, running a FEW minutes late can be more stressful than 15. I think because I'm so close to ACTUALLY being on time and I know the potential is there, so it gets me bent out of shape.

My meeting is on the top floor and I can feel the impatience start to boil up when someone else gets in the elevator with me.


However, just about every other week, the elevator stops on the 5th floor and a guy gets in and then gets off at the 9th floor. He never makes eye contact and always seems relatively busy, but its such a routine now. I catch myself every week waiting to see if the elevator will stop on the 5th floor.

For some reason this extra stop never seems to bother me.
It's just the comfort of seeing a stranger so often, you'd almost call them your friend.

1 comment: