Thursday, March 5, 2009

Faith in Humanity
brought to you by: Trusty Valet Guy

Another late night at my brother's, trying to be creative.

At some point during our chat, I heard what seemed like a few drunk people getting loud, perhaps rambunctious...which I ignored at first. Then loud turned into screaming which turned into brief concern, but Mark and I were in the middle of a great idea. And besides, someone else would surely check to see no one was being murdered, right?

That thought truly entered my head, and when it did, I immediately got up and went outside to check. I've been trying to make a conscious effort to act on that natural feeling of concern. Not because I'd like to be a superhero, but because I've been reading a lot lately and hearing stories about the majority of people thinking just that: someone else will do something. Which ultimately leads to NO ONE doing ANYTHING.

As I walked outside and peered down the alley, a valet guy from another building walked out to assess the situation as well.

And it felt so good to be proven wrong.

2 comments:

  1. A good rule of thumb...in case you are ever in "trouble". Yell FIRE! That gets almost everyone's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or tells the General's troops to end your 50 year reign over your minions, peasants and working class. Oh the humanity, I WAS YOUR KING! Spare my wife and kids, theyve done nothing wrong! I AM YOUR PROTECTOR!

    Time for another Mountain Dew, or as Lewis Black would say, "Dew."

    ReplyDelete