Wednesday, March 4, 2009

If my date steals my phone...

...and decides to read through all of my contacts, there could be a minor misunderstanding. It would be around the H's when he came across "Hot Sex Pete."

I wish I had a phone full of names that described my evening choices, but I do not. I do, however, have nicknames for some of my favorite and closest friends. Getting a call from a good friend whom I rarely hear from is sunshine enough. But seeing a nickname* (especially this one) always makes me giggle.

I wasn't able to answer the phone, but knowing I'd have a message and guaranteed laugh waiting for me, was sunshine enough.


*I wrote an invite to a camping trip in Mexico and included a list of reasons to attend...one of which was, hot sex...sort of the ha-ha-last-on-the-list-are-you-really-reading-this item. My roommate at the time realized there was only one boy on the invite (ahem, Pete) and from that point on referred to him as such.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think my ego could handle the nickname you'd give me...... argh!!!

    ReplyDelete