Sunday, March 8, 2009

The West Coast Hardware Store

As a kid, I visited Home Depot almost once a week. My mom loved that store. At first, I despised going there. It was big and overwhelming and I had no interest in plants or sink fixtures or sheets of plywood.

But now that I go by myself (not holding my mom's hand)....I realize how much I love the place. Yes, because I'm into home improvement now and gardening and such. But also because it's such a part of my past.

And in Florida, a trip to Home Depot also meant a visit to the hot dog stand outside. My brother went to Home Depot entirely for the hot dog. I went because I had to. Today, at Home Depot, there was a food stand. Except they served tacos instead of hot dogs.

And I couldn't help but want to be in Florida with my mom and eating the hot dog I never really wanted.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Home Depot today and visited the hot dog stand!!! How's that for irony?!

    ReplyDelete