Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thief

I struggled with a sunshine for Tuesday. Mostly because of my attitude more than anything. So I'm stealing one from Wednesday. Because I can.

I headed out to my alley this morning and our favorite apartment maintenance man was blocking my garage. We chatted a bit about broken locks, my newly patched wall and the wood floors we're all pining for. As I walked away he said, "With the most respect, you're looking great. Really great. I don't know what your secret is, but you just look great."

Timing is an amazing thing. I didn't even know I needed to hear that, but I did.

I'm aware you might be thinking -- "Big deal. A maintenance man said you looked nice. Don't they always say that to young, blond girls?"

Sure they do. But it doesn't matter. I'm not sure if I trust him more because I know he has a 14-year-old daughter at home and has a very honest and calming demeanor....or if maybe its just always nice to have someone compliment you.


Again, doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment