Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reminder

Oh Trader Joe's, how I love thee. But my trips there are always a little stressful. I'd swear I'm trying to find parking at a sold out concert and then squeezing through the isles amongst shopping carts, dudes restocking shelves and mom's with Baby Bjorns...I almost can't breathe.

Today, right after my baby toe almost got run over and I was gritting my teeth, the cart driver stopped and said, "I like your tattoo. It's pretty."

Me: "Thanks."
Cart guy: "I really like it, but, um, wouldn't it be better if you could see it. Ya know, sort of as a reminder?"
Me: "Yea, but I know it's there. And to be honest, I have a lot of people stop and ask me about it. So I get reminded all the time. And then it gives me a chance to remind some one else to sort of take a step back and breathe."

And he did. Right then and there. And I couldn't help but do it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment