Saturday, April 25, 2009

Butter + Bread + Cheese = Victory

I was meant to attend the Grilled Cheese Invitational today but got suckered into helping on the Malbec music video set for approximately 30 hours straight. Working on creative projects with my brother is clearly a good trade off, but I do LOVE me some grilled cheese and have tried to make this event the past few years.

About 3/4 through our day...in between wrangling extras, cleaning up cigarette butts and coaching actors on "What the F?" looks...I was pulled aside by a good friend (ahem, the lead in the video) and my brother. I followed them into the kitchen and hidden behind a kitchen appliance with a big tada! reveal was a make-shift grilled cheese sandwich with a cocktail umbrella in it. It was two pieces of pizza cut into teeny little sqaures and squeezed together to perfection.

I'm not sure it would have won any awards at the Invitational, but man it made me cry a little bit. I have EXTRAORDINARY people in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, now I really wish I could have been there...just so I could show them up by making you a real grilled cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have a 2016 Grilled Cheese Invitational this weekend - just to make up for missing it.

    ReplyDelete