Thursday, April 9, 2009

Huey, Dewey and Louie

I watched some old school Disney cartoons tonight and I couldn't believe how much I remembered. Which either means I watched them entirely too many times as a kid, Disney is just THAT good or Walt had a way of brainwashing us all.

We watched the Extreme Adventure Fun
DVD and it's a remastered version of the cartoons from 1950! Translation: I watched them 30 years after they were made and now kids are watching them almost 60 years after they were made. And we're both still laughing. Out loud.

The most vivid of all of them is Mickey, Donald and Goofy eating corn for breakfast, type-writer-style, racing to see who finishes first. This is a scene I involuntarily see in my head every time I eat corn on the cob and wonder how others eat it; type-writer-style...or sort of around, finishing one end and slowly moving towards the other.

How do you eat yours? And do you see Disney characters as well?

1 comment:

  1. wow, thats crazy that I know EXACTLY whichone you are talking bout, and I haven't seen it for maybe 20 years. Do you have them on DVD?

    ReplyDelete