Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mmm...Lemon Ice Box Pie

Needed to crush some graham crackers today and the best way to do so was with a ziploc bag and a rolling pin.

I am the proud owner of an old school rolling pin that I purchased from a flea market awhile ago. However, unlike the rest of the Smith family (my mom's side), mine has two handles. Which under normal circumstances, a rolling pin should. But when your grandmother cooked with a broken rolling pin and your mom purposefully broke her own because the second handle was simply in the way...you are sort of destined to ignore the second handle. And I do.

I haven't officially needed to break mine, but I do admit that I am much more comfortable crushing graham crackers using one handle. And every time I even SEE the rolling pin I think of Granny Smith and my mom and the many cooking traditions handed down through generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment