Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Elbows off the table

Met an old friend out tonight who was in town for a business training. He brought one of his colleagues along for the ride.

I don't pretend to be a Southern Belle or to have taken fancy etiquette classes, but when I meet someone with manners, I'm always so impressed. And more importantly, someone who has them ingrained...sort of second nature. It feels subtle and honest.

Mr. Colleague Man was the perfect example. And not because he wanted my phone number or was overly trying to impress. His actions were examples of how you treat PEOPLE in general.

I've been trying not to generalize and blame the city of Los Angeles for its shortcomings. And I realize meeting 25 year-old hipsters at Hollywood bars and late-night eating joints doesn't make my test group very fair...but in my experience, LA leaves a little to be desired in the courtesy department.

So tonight was refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. how dare you!!! (opens door, pulls chair, butters just a piece of bread, helps with rap/coat)

    ReplyDelete